Saturday, March 26, 2005

Update

Kara has gotten settled back in at home. She's fatigued and has a generalized upset-stomach feeling, but is keeping her meals down. She has a tricky time finding food that she has an appetite for -- this morning she thought McDonald's hotcakes sounded good, but when I brought it home... my Egg McMuffin sounded better!

Kara says that now that the immediate rush and flurry that followed the diagnosis is over, the reality that she 'has cancer' has set in. She has lost her hair, is pretty much always tired, and she's facing four more rounds of chemotherapy and feeling much less than 100% for the next several months. It is frustrating to her that she cannot do all that she used to do with and for her family, but looks forward to the time she can again.

Despite all of that, she is very thankful to have been brought through the events of the past months by the amazing medical care she has received, by God's grace, and by your prayers.

Having little goals helps greatly, and the anticipation of enjoying a fun Easter with her family has brightened her week. With your continued support and prayers, she will get through this difficult time and back to better days.

Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for faith, hope, and good spirits for Kara during this trying time.
- Please pray that the cancer is eradicated from her body, permanently.

Easter Prayers:
Most High
glorious God,
enlighten the darkness
of my heart.
Give me
right faith,
sure hope
and perfect charity.
Fill me with understanding
and knowledge
that I may fulfill
your command.
- St. Francis of Assisi

Tomb, thou shalt not hold Him longer;
Death is strong, but Life is stronger;
Stronger than the dark, the light;
Stronger than the wrong, the right;
Faith and Hope triumphant say
Christ will rise on Easter Day.
- Phillips Brooks, An Easter Carol

Thank you for your tremendous help to Kara -- for your concern for her, your prayers for her, and your faithful support for her.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for bringing us another Easter, for reminding us that You died for our sins. Please help Kara to see Your plan for her at this time.
Kara, I can understand how frustrated you must be at not being able to do the family things you would like to do. Maybe God has another plan for you at this time. So many people have been inspired by your strength and spirituality. Perhaps that is the task God has planned for you right now...to be a demonstration of how to accept and give blessings...you can hide eggs and play games tomorrow.
Love, gamma and gampa

Anonymous said...

Kara,

You are an inspiration to us as our Moms in Touch group continues to pray. We have appreciated the verses you noted that have comforted you and we pray them for our children, especially Isaiah 26:3,
You Lord give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you.

Thank you for being a blessing to us.
Love,
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

I just read about an interesting (nice may be a better word) site in ths month's issue of Readers Digest. st Peregrine Ministry (organized by Servants of Mary) which focuses on healing prayers for the sick, especially those with cancer. The art isn't much to my taste but I'm simple minded.

http://www.servite.org/pereg.htm

I left a petition for Kara (Catholic term I guess) but others who may be reading the comments may feel some (extra) sense of comfort by having someones name close to them lifted up.

On a slightly humorous side - I may be Methodist but I don't mind having Catholic nuns also praying for someone I care about.

Anonymous said...

Kara, Hang in there! You have always been a loving, caring, thoughtful person. You continue to be a great witness for Christ.
1 Thes 5:16-18:
Be joyful always: pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Chris Jesus.

You look so good in the pictures. So many people are praying for you. May God have all the glory in your healing.
I love you and we continue to pray. Carolyn Martin

Dee said...

Dear Kara - Precious Child of God,

Your Grandmother Neta always told me I was a precious child of God; to hold my head up high!

I have been disabled since 2000 with severe, errosive osteoarthritis. I have 1 good day in 7. If I get 1 or 2 things done in a day I am happy. I ask my doctor why I am so weak some days I can't even lift my little finger. He said it is due to chronic pain. I ask Jesus why I have so much pain. He told me I am partaking in His suffering. It is a difficult journey, but one I thank Him for everyday because it causes me to lean heavily on Him. I love the verse in Psalms 23 "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures." 2 Corinthians 12 has been much comfort to me. I gave this verse to your Granddad Warner:

FOOTPRINTS

"Lord, You said that once I decided to follow You, we would walk side by side through life, but when I needed You most, I saw only one set of footprints in the sand. The Lord replied, It was during your time of need that I carried you."

My daughter Jennifer and my granddaughter Regan lived with us for the first 7 years of her life. These years we had together I will always cherish for God gave us special, memorable times.

He is Life Unto Life,

Dee

www.makersdiet.com