Thursday, March 10, 2005

From Kara

I don’t believe God gave me cancer, but I do believe that He is with me on this journey every step of the way. I feel His presence like I never have before and I know it is because of the prayers of all of you that have lifted me up to him. Thank you for praying for me. Your prayers are a precious gift to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I received a copy of a devotional message that has meant a lot to me and I would like to share part of it with you:

I have the big “C” within me. The big “C”= Christ!
He even makes cancer look very small! Christ living in you makes every “C” and everything you dread look smaller – cancer, career changes, cardiac ailments, controversies, common cold, costly checking errors, checkups, complications, and a multitude of other catastrophes. Jesus’ cross, compassion, and courage cover all our “C’s” and make them small in Him.

Now all our “C’s” look different to us through Christ crucified!
Even Jesus. By His Cross, Jesus has become the only truly big C in our lives. His cross reveals that nothing can separate us from Him or His love for us. What a blessing it is to have the big “C” (Christ) in our hearts and lives!

No matter how seemingly big or small our problems are, God is always with us and will help us through it. “For nothing is impossible with God” (Luke 1:37).

PRAISES:
- Thank you God for seeing me through my first Chemo treatment.

- Thank you God for my being able to write legibly and easily again.

- Thank you God for the continued prayers, encouragement, and support from our families, friends, and church family, and the prayer-grams and blogspot messages.

- Thank you God for Emma’s understanding and compassion during this time.

PRAYER REQUEST:
- That the cancer would be completely eradicated from my body, permanently.

PRAYER:
“The Lord I will at all times bless,
my mouth His praises shall express;
In Him shall all my boasting be,
while all the meek rejoice with me.
O magnify the Lord with me,
let us to praise His name agree;
I sought the Lord, He answered me,
and from my fears He set me free.”
Amen.

- “The Lord I Will at All Times Bless,” The Psalter, 1912.


--------------------------------------------------------------------
Posting Problem Fixed!
The problem with posting comments seems to have been fixed. Thank you for your patience, and, as always, for your concern and support. I know it means a lot to Kara to see the posts of encouragement and prayers that so many have thoughtfully posted here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK my dear, now you have me crying Hallmark Card tears again. Matt was so lucky to have found you. I will carry your Big C message with me today, and sing praises that you are feeling so good and hearing His message.
Love, Diane & Jim

Anonymous said...

Kara,
Ms. Sailors shared your email and blogspot with us yesterday. Since then I have been lifting you up in prayer throughout the evening and all day today. Your site is a blessing and a witness as is your life. Over three thousand hits so far? The power of three thousand voices lifted up in prayer for you is enormous. I pray for your strength during the treatments and after, for your doctors to have the wisdom to choose the most effective treatments, for your family to not despair, and for you to feel the love of those who surround you and keep you in our prayers.
Love, Karen Elsen from your Piney Point family

Anonymous said...

Kara and family:
Jean called me yesterday to "catch up" and fill me in on things. It was so good to hear from her. it had been a while! I spent the morning visiting your website and reading your story. Your strength is amazing and you are truly an inspiration to me. As we prepare for our first baby, I believe more and more in miracles and how lucky I am God has given me the opportunity to carry this baby.I know he will keep you safe. Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Meg (scearce) and Sam Skaggs