Monday, August 01, 2005

Biopsy Results

Kara got the biopsy results from the samples the oncologist took last week. The cancer is still active at the primary site, the cervix, so they will try to get going on the hysterectomy next week.

Thursday morning she will have another PET Scan to determine if there's been any more new growth since the chemotherapy has ended.

Now that the chemotherapy is over, Kara is finding herself having to struggle with the fear of recurrence. She is having a difficult time finding comfort and peace, and the concerns of new growth are weighing on her. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, and pray for peace for Kara and her family.

Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for encouraging test results.
- Please pray for comfort and peace for Kara.
- Please pray that the cancer be eradicated from Kara's body, permanently.

Thank you for continuing to lift Kara up in prayer and send her your words of love and encouragement.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,
This is just a bump in the road; keep praying for Him to take these worries out of your head. We love you, Gamma and Gampa

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,
I wish I knew what to say to bring a smile to your face and set your mind at ease. I know that God loves you so much and that He is watching over you still. I hope you can feel His comfort that we are asking Him for this week and the weeks to come.
Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara, I just hate to hear the news about the active cancer, but keep your head high. God is with you and I beleive he is going to answer our prayers. Kara you are always in my thoughts and my prayers and I know the same is true for many more people, and God is listening. Love Laura F.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,
We trust the Lord for His timing. He is providing the necessary surgery at just the right time for your continued healing.
Thank you, Lord. We do praise You for your continued watch care over Kara each day. As we call on You we trust You to answer us and to show us things we do not know. Jeremiah 33:2-3
Love,
Aunt Karen and Uncle Don

Dee said...

Thinking; praying for you Kara always. May you feel His love for you today; His arms around you holding you close. In the movie "The Passion Of Christ" my favorite scene is where Christ is in the Garden of Gethsemane on His knees before Our Father. His spirit is in agony, He is sweating drops of blood! He falls on His face and prays, saying,
"Abba, Father
If it be possible
Let this cup pass from me;
Nevertheless, not my will
But Thine be done."
I truly pray this gives you as much peace as it has me. Total surrender, total trust; total rest in Him is a place beyond description.

Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you.
2Thessalonians 3:16

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, Kara. I know it's terrifying and I know you must be so sick of waiting for test results. All along, you've taken one challenge at a time and you've largely defeated the cancer. This is just one more challenge, and you'll get through this one too.