Tuesday, August 09, 2005

From Kara

“I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
for you saw my affliction,
and knew the anguish of my soul.”
- Psalm 31:7

Dear God,

It’s me again. First, I just want to say thank you so much for the good PET Scan results that showed no new tumors and that the tumor in my liver is still inactive. You have been so faithful to me, and I am truly thankful. You are awesome.

I have been blessed by the many prayers from my family, church family, friends, and people who don’t even know me. Your children are amazing, and they have been so good to me. I know that their prayers have lifted me up through times when I couldn’t even pray for myself. You send little blessings to me throughout the day by the phone calls, the cards in the mail, the messages on the blog, the visits from my friends, and the delicious meals being delivered. Thank you, God. You are awesome.

Thank you for my precious husband who holds my hand through it all, and takes care of all the details for me, spending countless hours researching treatments and drugs to help me get better and feel better. Thank you for giving me two beautiful children who give me joy and motivation to get well.

Thank you for my devoted parents who struggle with my cancer as much as I do, and for their unrelenting support. Thank you for blessing me with a wonderful, supportive family – I don’t know what I’d do without them. You are awesome.

Please forgive me, Father, for my tendency to worry and feel scared. I don’t mean to show a lack of faith in you; the thought of not seeing my children grow up or being able to raise them makes it hard for me to breathe. They need me, and I want to raise them to know you and love you as I do.

I truly believe, Lord, that I still have a lot of work I can do for you here on Earth. Let me serve you, Lord, and be a witness to others. Let me share your amazing faithfulness and enduring love. Please use me according to your purpose, and I hope and pray that your purpose for me is here on Earth, and for many, many years.

Dear Lord, please heal me. Please eradicate the cancer from my body, permanently. You have said you have a plan for me, that it is for good and not disaster, for hope and a future, that you will listen to my prayers, that I will find you if I look for you in earnest (Jeremiah 29:11-14). I am looking for you.

Thank you God for your reassuring Word, and above all else, thank you for your son, Jesus Christ, and the gift of salvation. You are awesome.

I love you. Amen.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara, we love you. May you feel God's peace as you face your surgery this week. You are truly a beautiful testimony of God's love and grace.

Anonymous said...

Kara, You are just one amazing women!!! We will be praying for your surgery on Thursday and for you to have a quick recovery. Love Laura F.

Dee said...

Helloooo Precious Kara, Child of God!

Friday night(8-5-05) on Channel 8 I watched the CBN Special TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF GOD. One of the Miracle Stories was about Connie Davis. She had no pulse; no blood pressure for 2 hours - her family was praying. The doctors pronounced her dead - her family prounounced her ALIVE in God. Her mother ask the doctor for time with her daughter. The family went to Connie, laying hands on her; her Mother prayed:
Jesus you said with long life I will satisfy her!
Psalm 91:16
Jesus you said she will not die but live to proclaim what You have done!
Psalm 118:17
With her Mother's prayer, Connie began to breath on her own; her heart started beating. Jesus brought her back just as she had been - normal in every way. They ask Connie what happened. She said she told Jesus she wanted to stay with Him, but she had a small son she wanted to raise so she ask to go back.
Jesus, we thank you that this day Kara has chosen Life; Your Blessings. You promise with this choice that she and her children will live; they will love You Jesus; they will listen to Your voice. They will hold fast to You. Jesus You are Life. Praise You for the many years in the land.
Deuteronomy 30:19-20
He is El Elyon - GOD THE HIGHEST!!!

Anonymous said...

Kara,
You are amazing. Your strenth is such a testimony in the Lord. Even in your time that you feel weak, you are obviously holding on to his strength. The Lord hears your prayers & will honor them! Hold strong! I will be praying for you & your family on Thursday. God is using you in amazaing ways.
Kathy Edeker

Anonymous said...

Dear Jean, Thank you thank you for your absolutely beautiful work with this blog spot, with the photos, with the wonderful Bible verses and heartfelt prayers which are always so perfect for the moment and the day, and now thank you again for sharing Kara's special personal prayer to God which has touched all our hearts and renewed our faith in His power to heal and to reveal Himself to us through you and Kara! Dear Kara, please know how very much you continue in our hearts and prayers as you go through your pre-op workup in preparation for the surgery Thursday. How blessed we are to be able to share your fantastic wk-end with Jean and the family at the pool, and how greatly we say thank you,Lord, for all your gifts and blessings to us as we clearly see Kara's return to good health and strength. Hopefully you're resting and being rejuvenated daily by the joys and demands of your beautiful children and by the watchcare on a daily basis of John and Carol, Jean, and John. Thank goodness for their good health, faithfulness, and total devotion and dedication! Take extra special care of your very special self knowing that our love and prayers are with you totally each and every moment of every day. Much love, Aunt Betsy

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,
What a blessing for you to share with us your thanksgivings and praises to our Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Great Physician and who has the very best plans for you. Thank you for sharing with us the peace you have experienced during this trying time because of the Lord's faithfulness and all-sufficient grace. We praise Him for answered prayer and look to Him for His continued supply for you day by day.
We trust you in His hands especially through your surgery Thursday.
Love,
Aunt Karen and Uncle John

Anonymous said...

Kara,

You are and will continue to be in our prayers, especially on Thursday morning. May God guide you and your family to eternal happiness.

What a beautiful prayer to share with us all.....you inspire us! Remember, God will be with you and your family always. He will watch over and guide over you, your parents, your brother and sister, your husband, and especially your two wonderful children. He will not abandon you. He will carry you through this suffering. Jesus will take it on to Him.

Thx to you and your family for providing all of your friends and loved ones to be able to keep up with your journey.

Your friends,
Megan, Eric, Bailey, and Grant

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kara! God smiles every time he hears from you. Thank you for sharing your prayer with us. I pray that God will set your mind at ease and that you will feel renewed with his strength every morning.
Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Kara, your prayer says so much about your relationship with God. Your strength coming from HIm is so real to us. We imagine that you're at the hospital by now but know that we hold you in our prayers and will be praying for you as you are in surgery. We'll specifically be praying for a complete healing and God to be with the medical staff. We know you are in good hands. Love, Curt and Linda Laetz

Anonymous said...

Yes, you're my hero! Your complete honesty and faith are remarkable. I've always known your family was special, but this post is incredible. Love you bunches! Prayers,
Jana & the whole gang!

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara - I was searching the Psalms looking for words of encouragement for you and came across Psalm 34. It says:

"I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.

My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.

Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.

Those who look to him are radiant...."

You are living proof of this scripture - thank you for sharing your heart and your faith. You glow, girl! Liz

Anonymous said...

Kara - As are so many others, we will be thinking of you especially tomorrow. You and your family are doing such a wonderful job facing this challenge and allowing us to offer our support and love.

Kathy and Becky Mackintosh
Topeka, KS

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,
Prayers are being sent tonight from Battle Mountain, Nevada...you have had such a mountain to climb, but I believe that you will indeed win this battle. I believe it is God's plan for you be mother to our grandbabies. I am so thankful that Matt has someone like you. Together you are such an inspiration. We love you, Jim and Diane