Wednesday, April 06, 2005

This Weekend

With spirits raised by this week's wonderful news, Kara and her family are heading to our parents' place in the country to enjoy the beautiful spring weather, the bluebonnets, and all of other joys -- little and great -- that God has graciously given to us.

Kara starts her third round of chemo on Monday, armed with the knowlege it is healing her and with the confidence your prayers provide -- the confidence that with each treatment, the existing tumors are shrinking, and new ones are prevented. The chemotherapy has to make her very weak and sick before she can get better, and so knowing that it is working makes undergoing the treatments more bearable. She says she's ready to go ahead and start the next treatment now, and continue the progress that has been made.



Praise the LORD, I tell myself;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, I tell myself,
and never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death
and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle's!
- Psalm 103:1-5

Praises:
- Thank you God for the wonderful and uplifting results that show the treatment is working!
- Thank you God for sustaining Kara throughout this long treatment process, both physically and spiritually.

Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for Kara's health and comfort during this next round of chemotherapy. She has been very fortunate to have not contracted an infection or had problems with her veins, and we pray that continues.
- Please pray that the cancer is eradicated from her body, permanently.

Thank you so much for your prayers for Kara -- they have been heard, and graciously answered. It is heartening for Kara to know that she is being constantly lifted in prayer by you, her friends and family, brothers and sisters in Christ.

7 comments:

Dee said...

Hello Cuz!

PRAISE THE LORD -- TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!! I have been basking in your divine GOOD NEWS....... It has given me soooo much peace; renewed my hope, faith in Our Wonderful Savior. Thank You Jesus! How precious to behold His Hand and miracles.

Love the picture of you and Luke with your new look! Girl, for what you've been through YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!!! Oh the joy that floods my soul.

Jesus, bless Kara - her entire family with your best this weekend, always.

"His compassions never fail

They are new every morning;

GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!"

Lamentations 3:22,23

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news Kara! I am so glad to hear that the treatments are working. I hope you have a wonderful time in the country and by the way,you look very foxy as a red head! :) Love Laura Friend

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara--
You look really great! Your hope and courage are inspiring.
I've been checking your site and thinking of your family often.
I'll be bringing dinner on Saturday; see you then! Heather WAtkins

Anonymous said...

Kara,
It is so great to hear that things are going well. Prayers can do amazing things. We continue to pray for you everyday here on the East Coast.
Love The Davis Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,

Thanks for sharing the wonderful verses from Psalm 103 with us. We do thank the Lord for His many blessings and watch care over us. Have a restful weekend in the country with the beautiful springtime and bluebonnets.
We will be praying for you especially Monday as you begin the next round of chemo. Our confidence is in the Lord's healing power.
Love,
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to tell you again we love you, Matt and the kids. You will be in our thoughts and prayers tonight as you prepare for tomorrow. Jack was singing today..."My God is so great, my God is so mighty, there's nothing my God cannot do!" From the mouths of babes :)

Love,

Robbie, Steve and Jack

Anonymous said...

Whose the hottie with the red hair?