Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Tests This Week

Kara will undergo several tests today and tomorrow to check the status of the tumors. She also meets with the surgeon today to discuss possible ways of removing the liver tumor, and when that will be done.

Receiving a good report following the tests will mean so much to Kara, as she faces two more rounds of chemotherapy and feels the accumulated effects of the drugs. She no longer has much of a "good" week before having to go back in for the next round, and she could use the boost of knowing the chemotherapy is doing what it needs to do, in addition to making her feel so terrible.

Prayer Requests
- Please pray for positive test results.
- Please pray for increased energy and strength for Kara.
- Please pray that Kara feels comforted and reassured by God's sustaining love and peace.
- Please pray that the treatment eradicates the cancer from Kara's body, permanently.

Thank you for your prayers and words of love and encouragement.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,
I will praying for good results for you this week! I hope you are still in good spirits even with the nausea/side effects.
Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Kara, we are praying for good results and for the stamina you need to finish the treatments so that they can cure you. We love you.
Janice and family

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope things go well today!

Love,
Alexis

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara--I'm praying that you can feel God closer than your breath today. That He would speak to you and reassure you. That He would prepare your heart and mind for the journey ahead.
I'm praying that God will enable you to lift your eyes and look to Him (Isaiah 40:26). Our mighty, powerful, strong, everlasting God created and placed and named all the stars. That same God is your ABBA who has "Kara" written in the tender palm of His hand.
Love in Christ--SandyBingham

Dee said...

Blessings to you Kara!

I wanted to share with you the words of Paul as he tells of his thorn in the flesh. His words inspire; strengthen me in my valley experiences. I pray they are comforting, strengthening to you.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee; for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly, therefore, will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore, I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12:8-10

Praying His Love covers you today - everyday - as you feel His presence.

Twila Grooms said...

Kara,

I just wanted you to know that all of us in your BSF group miss you and are praying for you. Tonight is our last group night and the study is about Paul and all that he endured. You are much like Paul Kara! Stay strong Kara and keep your faith in God. He loves you and will not leave you. I hope your tests go well today.
Love, Twila