Monday, October 17, 2005

In the Hospital

After a full weekend of planning for Emma's birthday and little outings, Kara has had to go into the hospital for febrile neutropenia, I believe (http://www.tirgan.com/leucpnia.htm). She is running a fever and her blood counts are too low. She will have to be in the hospital for the next couple of days, missing Emma's school birthday party and family birthday party tomorrow. Hopefully she will be released and feeling up to participating in Emma's birthday party this weekend.

Please pray that she recovers from this quickly, and that the cancer be eradicated from her body, permanently.

Thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara,

Hang in there. We are praying for you out here in California. I hope Emma has a wonderful birthday. Your faith is absolutely beautiful.

We love you,
D.K., Jacque, Drew and Carly

Anonymous said...

Kara,
Hey girl! You stay strong! This too shall pass. We are praying for you to get over this hurdle so you can be with your family for Emma's Birthday. Love ya Laura Friend

Dee said...

JESUS said:
All the world will know that I, JESUS, saves - not with sword and spear - the battle is the Lord's. I WILL HEAL YOU, Kara.
1Samuel 17:47
Now the Lord who created you says:
Don't be afraid
for I have randsomed you!
I have called you by your name, Kara - you are mine.
When you go through deep waters and great troubles,
I WILL BE WITH YOU!
When you go through rivers of difficulty - you will not drown.
When you walk through the fire -
YOU WILL NOT BE BURNED - the flames will not consume you.
I AM THE LORD YOUR GOD!
YOUR SAVIOR!
Don't be afraid!
YOU ARE PRECIOUS TO ME!
and honored
I LOVE YOU, KARA.
Isaiah 43

Have not I - JESUS - commanded you?
BE STRONG!
BE OF GOOD COURAGE!
BE NOT AFRAID!
Neither be dismayed for I - JESUS -am WITH YOU WHEREVER YOU GO.
Joshua 1:9

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing Emma wouldn't mind having two birthday parties!

Hang in, Kara. Your main objective is getting well to enjoy many more celebrations.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara, we are praying for you to come through this infection quickly. I hope you are feeling better soon and will be able to enjoy the festivities that you have planned for Emma. You are God's precious child and He sees what you are going through and will keep His comforting hand upon you. Hang in there!