Thursday, July 21, 2005

This Week

Kara has pretty much gotten over her cold, and has been able to get out of the house more this week. She went with Emma to storytime at the Library and to dance class. She and Matt's mom Diane also took the kids to the Children's Museum. Kara still doesn't eat much of anything, which is discouraging. We all had hoped she'd be over that effect of the chemo by now, and be eating more and putting some weight back on before her surgeries.


Children's Museum
Originally uploaded by jeanjean78.



O Lord, I call to You;
come quickly to me.
Hear my voice when I call to You.
May my prayer be set before You like incense;
may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.
- Psalm 141:1-2


Dr. Emma
Originally uploaded by jeanjean78.



Prayer Requests:
- Please pray for increased strength and diminished side effects for Kara before her surgery.
- Please pray for comfort and peace for Kara as she faces two major surgeries in the coming months.
- Please pray that that cancer is eradicated from her body, permanently.

Thank you so much for keeping Kara in your thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,

We are glad to hear that you have been out and about this week. You look so very good in the photos with family members. We trust you will have more of an appetite soon. How about your favorite pizza? The peaches have been really good here lately as well as blue berries and of course summertime watermelon.
We continue to pray for the Lord to comfort you daily and meet your needs.
Love,
Aunt Karen and Uncle Don

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,

We are glad to hear that you have been out and about this week. You look so very good in the photos with family members. We trust you will have more of an appetite soon. How about your favorite pizza? The peaches have been really good here lately as well as blue berries and of course summertime watermelon.
We continue to pray for the Lord to comfort you daily and meet your needs.
Love,
Aunt Karen and Uncle Don

Dee said...

Hey Kara!

I am so blessed again to see; hear how active you are!!! You look Great! I wish I could be slim like you! Your smiles; the peace I see on your face is marvelous! I believe I need to come to Houston and receive some of that IV Fluid from Doc and Dr. Emma - it is super stuff!

Jesus says --

Come to me
All You who are burdened
I will give you rest
Wear My yoke
Learn of Me
I am gentle
I am humble
Through Me you will
find rest for your souls
My yoke is easy
My burden is light
Matthew 11:28-30

Thank you Jesus for using your daughter Kara to show us once again what a MIGHTY God you are; how you love your children forever.

Anonymous said...

WHAT CANCER CANNOT DO!
It cannot cripple love.
It cannot shatter hope.
It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendships.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.

Anonymous said...

We have been away for a week, and are glad to hear that you are getting stronger every day. I'm sure you will get your appetite back as time progresses. I'll be glad to give you mine!!!!!! Praying for your continued return of strength and health.