Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Update

Kara has been doing well this week, and hopes to get her full chemo on Friday. Last week she was able to proceed with her chemotherapy as planned (last week was one of the weeks when she only gets the one drug that does not deplete her white blood cells).

Emma and I leave for Walt Disney World tomorrow, and we are both very excited (please pray for safe travel for us)! Luke will get to spend some "big boy" time at the farm with Mimi and Doc, and he is thrilled about that. Kara and Matt will be able to enjoy some "couple time" to themselves.

Prayer Requests:
- Please pray that Kara is able to get her full chemotherapy this week.
- Please pray for increased energy and strength for Kara.
- Please pray that the cancer is eradicated from Kara's body, permanently.

Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Kara,

What an exciting week for your family! Disney world will be a lot of fun for Emma and Jean. I am looking forward to seeing their pictures when they get back. :) We will be praying for another successful round of chemo this week and that it doesn't wear you out too much to enjoy your time with Matt.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hi All!
I was so glad to hear that Kara has been able to continue the chemo. Dad asks me for updates all the time, and the guys here at work that know her from when she would come out for lunch ask me too. Glad I can share the good news.
Of course I LOVE the picture of "cowboy Luke"! When he's ready for a horse, let me know.
Kara, the mare KaraKay (out of Easy) had a little filly this year that is sooooo cute! She's going to be palomino like Easy.
Jean & Emma, Have TONS of fun at Disney World!
Jaydon won 4 medals at the track meet last night and tied the school record for pole vault. His technique is anything but pretty, but he made it over.
Colt had prom last weekend. Pretty handsome in a tux if I say so myself.
Better get back to work, but I wanted you to know I was checking on you. Have a great week and rest up for Friday.
Love,
Jana