Thursday, February 24, 2005

From Kara

Dear family, friends, church family, and brothers and sisters in Christ,

Words cannot express my deep appreciation for your prayers and words of encouragement during this time. I feel Blessed by God to have you in my life. I am finding peace and comfort in knowing that God is sovereign and his plan is at work in my life. God has been so good to me and I am thankful to be his child.


Prayers of thanksgiving:
Thank you God for making your presence known to me, and for giving me strength, comfort, peace and hope.

Thank you God for your son, Jesus Christ, who died for us so that we may have eternal life with you.

Thank you God for our families who dropped everything to come to Houston to help us.

Thank you God for my church family who has provided overwhelming support, encouragement and generosity.

Thank you God for those I don’t even know who are praying for me, I have been deeply touched by this.

Thank you God for the kind and knowledgeable doctors and nursing staff that you delivered to me.

Thank you God for the scheduling and business administrators, and ER admissions clerk, who helped to make the Novalis treatment happen quickly.


These verses have comforted me;
You Lord give perfect peace to those who keep their purpose firm and put their trust in you (Isaiah 26:3)

My Grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9)

For God has said I will never leave you; I will never abandon you. (Hebrews 13:5)

Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying “this is the way, walk in it.” (Isaiah 30:21)

Draw close to God and God will draw close to you. (James 4:8)

I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me. (Philippians 4:13)

For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by his power and everything is for his glory. (Romans 11:36)


Please Pray for:
Comfort for Emma and Luke during my hospitalizations for chemotherapy.

The chemotherapy and radiation will go smoothly and I will recover quickly.

Chemotherapy and radiation to completely eradicate the cancer, permanently.

To continue to trust that God’s plan is at work in my life.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kara, my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. We are all so blessed to have such a wonderful God to see us through difficult times. Our God is a supernatural God and he is watching closely over you and your family, especially now,in your time of need. Your friend, Charlotte Scott

Anonymous said...

Kara, you are so much in my prayers. Your comments reveal you are rich in spirit and are daily continuing your work as a child of God. "you make me proud to spell my name w-o-m-a-n" and C-h-r-i-s-t-i-a-n. smiles in Him, alyssa in austin.

Anonymous said...

How grateful we are to hear from you, Kara, as you share how the Lord is caring for you and reassuring you. It is a privelege to pray for you as the Lord gives you strength each day. We walk by faith, not by sight. Thank you for sharing your testimony of God's all sufficient grace.
We will continue to pray for peace for Matt, Emma, and Luke as the Lord carries you through whatever hospitalization and therapy is necessary. We trust His healing hand on you.
We love you,
Aunt Karen and Uncle Don

Anonymous said...

Kara first just let me say my prayers are with you and your family. Your faith in God is an encouragment to me and I am sure many others. You don't know who I am but my mother (Donna Maples) worked for your dad at OBGYN associates in Joplin MO. Your dad also delivered me. LOL small world. So we are connected not only by our Heavenly father but by our parents in away. You will be in my prayers. Dorothy Maples

Anonymous said...

Kara, you don't know me but Gem Evans is my mother-n-law, she relayed your story to me and we've been praying for you and your family since. Your faith, courage and strength are amazing. "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfullness." Lam 3:22-23
Sisters in Christ, Renee' Evans

Anonymous said...

Kara: Hey, I just want to let you and your family know there are many folks at First United Methodist Church in Joplin praying for you. You are one of the most upbeat and kind people I've ever known, and may God's hand be upon you. Sincerely,
Barry Sanborn

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Kara: Hey, I just want to let you and your family know there are many folks at First United Methodist Church in Joplin praying for you. You are one of the most upbeat and kind people I've ever known, and may God's hand be upon you. Sincerely,
Barry Sanborn

Anonymous said...

Kara, I work for your aunt, Dr. Kelly & she has kept me updated on your condition. We are sisters in Christ & I hold you dear to my heart. I pray daily for you & your family. I admire your love for God & the strenth you show.
Your friend in Christ, Kathy Edeker

Anonymous said...

Kara,
Your God given strength is inspiring and shows how truly powerful God is.
You, Matt and the kids are in our thoughts and prayers often.
May God continue to bless you and surround you with His Healing Power.
Phebe & Mark

Anonymous said...

Kara, you certainly know how to apply your faith. I can tell that it gives you peace.

And I just have to tell you, Carrie has shown me pics of Emma and Luke before, but this is the best I've seen! They're just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Dear Matt & Kara,

It's funny how God works sometimes. As we're all praying for you and hoping to be of some comfort to you and your family, you turn out to be the bigger blessing to the rest of us. Thank you both so much for your wonderful testimonies. You are providing such encouragement to us as God's light shines through you. May He continue to carry you through the days ahead,
Kim & Gary Flaharty

Dee said...

Hi Kara! ;)

Continually thinking of you; your precious family, lifting you to our Jesus. Bless You for your strengthening, encouraging words of wisdom; your powerful Bible verses. Thank you for humbling me; reminding me He is always in control. How GREAT is our God! Worthy of Our PRAISE. Job said, "Blessed be the name of the Lord. I will PRAISE Him!"

I have found peace, comfort in Psalms 23, "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters."

You are so right, when Jesus is your Savior it is a Win/Win situation.

Life unto Life!

Luv U! Dee

Anonymous said...

Kara -
I do not know you personally, but I wanted to let you know that all of John's friends from South Texas are praying for you and your family, and please do not hestitate if you need anything.
-Dede